Note: The following is a message from Tyson Foods Group President of Poultry Chad Martin to poultry farmers and service technicians.
Tyson Foods is committed to supplying safe, affordable, high quality food to our customers and consumers. That’s why business continuity is extremely important from farming to business operations. Please use the following information to ensure the health and safety of you and your family. These methods will help ensure people in the supply chain are safe, thereby protecting your livelihood.
- Frequent handwashing; proper sneezing etiquette.
- Routinely clean frequently touched surfaces (controllers, doorknobs).
- Practice social distancing by avoiding social gatherings and maintaining six feet between you and others.
- Service technicians are asked to use either disposable gloves or handwashing/alcohol gel prior to and upon leaving a farm. We suggest the same practices for farmers to reduce potential from cross contamination of surfaces.
- Please let a Tyson team member know if you or anyone working on your farm has fallen ill within the last 72 hours so that we can take steps to protect other Tyson team members or Tyson contractors who are scheduled to visit your farm.
This is a rapidly changing situation, so we encourage you to consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for new developments regarding COVID-19.
Coronavirus or COVID-19 is not considered a food safety concern.
The CDC, USDA, FDA and health authorities in Europe have all made statements that this virus is not a foodborne pathogen and not a concern for food safety when foods are handled properly.
Tyson Foods will continue our work to ensure the products we provide remain safe and wholesome.
While it’s unknown how much COVID-19 will continue to spread or how long it will last, you can be assured that we will continue to adjust and adapt to address it. We’re committed to protecting our team members as well as farmers and ensuring we’re in a position to continue supplying safe, affordable, high quality food to our customers and consumers.